- 1 baked Double Chocolate Butter Braid pastry
- 1 small pkg strawberry jello (4 serving size)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Extras for garnishing’s:
-Chocolate sauce, maraschino cherries, bananas, strawberries, crushed pineapple & extra creamy whipped topping in a can
- Let pastry rise according to the directions on back of package – preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 22 minutes.
- Let cool after baked once cooled
- Crumble pastry up into a 13x9 inch pan – press down in pan slightly with spatula or fingers
Prepare strawberry mousse:
- Whisk together the jello powder and the 1 cup of very hot water until jello powder is dissolved. Let cool for 15 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the cooled jello – let cool to room temp. Fold in the cool whip and strawberries – place bowl in fridge to chill for about 30-45 minutes.
Prepare banana whipped cream:
- In small bowl, beat banana with beaters until no chunks remain. In a bigger bowl beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla. Scrape the banana into the cream and beat another 20 seconds – not to long – you don’t want to over whip the cream. Chill in fridge about 15 minutes.
Prepare the dessert:
- Place the strawberry mousse over the crumbled up double chocolate pastry – smoothing it out with a spoon or spatula
- Next place the banana whipped cream on top of the strawberry mousse, carefully smooth out over the strawberry mousse