10 Ways to Stay Optimistic in Fundraising
1. Plan Your Week and Day
Having a clear fundraising plan in mind can greatly reduce stress and planning priorities for the day and week gives us a peace of mind. It’s simple:
- Clearly define your fundraising goals
- Brainstorm the tasks that are required to complete them
- Define the roles that you will take, as well as the roles of others who will be assisting you
- Start scheduling
2. Understand that Things Won’t Always Go as Planned
It’s better in life to realize that not everything is going to go as planned all the time. Expect the unexpected. If you expect everything in life to go the way you hoped for, you will quickly be disappointed. Accepting that things go wrong sometimes, makes it much easier to stay optimistic.
3. Be Thankful
There is always something to be thankful for. Recognizing these great things in life is sure to bring positivity. Reminding yourself of your blessings will always put you in a great mood and ready to bring out the optimism in your fundraising partners!
4. Surround Yourself With Positive People
The people we surround ourselves with have a big impact on our attitude. If we surround ourselves with negative people, we tend to catch their negativity. Fortunately, the opposite is true as well. If we surround ourselves with optimistic people, we tend to be more optimistic as well.
5. Get Spiritually Connected
Becoming spiritually connected is sure to give a positive outlook on your fundraising and on life in general. You can do this through prayer, meditation or reading scriptures.
6. Don’t give in to the Negative Self-talk
You are in control of your mind, your mind is not in control of you!
7. Read Positive and Inspiring Books
You can maintain an optimistic mindset by reading a positive or motivational book. This could lead you to some fundraising inspiration!
8. Be Willing to Let Things Go
Take some time to clear your head of all the physical clutter. It is much easier to keep an optimistic outlook when you learn to let things go. Start with the small, and then get the momentum building.
9. Take Care of Yourself First
The first person we always neglect is ourselves. It is important to remember that in order to be of great service to others, we must take care of ourselves first.
10. Find Opportunities in Negative Situations
Not all of your fundraising work will be successful. Use your mistakes to open new doors and pave new opportunities.