WITH WHITE ICING
Try It In A Recipe
Calling all chocolate lovers! Layers of buttery chocolate dough encompass a rich chocolate satin crème filling. A smooth cream cheese icing is a perfect finish to this melt-in-your-mouth pastry. A splendid treat for breakfast, dessert or just because!
DOUGH: ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, ENZYME, FOLIC ACID), WATER, BUTTER WITH NATURAL FLAVOR (CREAM, LACTIC ACID), SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, DRY EGG BLEND (EGGS, CORN SYRUP, SALT), SKIM MILK, BAKER’S YEAST (YEAST, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE), SALT, ASCORBIC ACID ADDED AS A DOUGH CONDITIONER, SOY LECITHIN.
FILLING: SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), COCOA POWDER, SOY LECITHIN (AN EMULSIFIER), NONFAT DRY MILK, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SALT.
ICING: SUGAR, WATER, CORN SYRUP, STEARIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, AGAR, SALT, POTASSIUM SORBATE (PRESERVATIVE), GUAR GUM, PECTIN, DEXTROSE, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CREAM CHEESE [PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, NONFAT MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, STABILIZERS (CAROB BEAN GUM AND/OR XANTHAN GUM AND/OR GUAR GUM), ALGINATE, NATURAL FLAVOR], VEGETABLE OIL (PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOY AND COTTONSEED), MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, CORN STARCH, SOY OIL, SODIUM CASEINATE (MILK), BENZOIC ACID (PRESERVATIVE), POLYSORBATE 60, LACTIC ACID, PROPYL GALLATE (ANTIOXIDANT).
CONTAINS: EGG, MILK, SOY, WHEAT.
This product does not contain nuts, but is manufactured in a facility and on equipment which processes nut products.
Keep FROZEN until ready to bake. Plan ahead! Your pastry requires time to thaw and rise before baking. Follow directions below.
- Take frozen braided pastry out of package and place on lightly greased 9” x 13” metal pan or 11” x 17” cookie sheet with edges. Set icing packet and directions aside.
- Loosely cover frozen pastry with plastic wrap. Allow to thaw and rise at room temperature for 8-12 hours, or until doubled in size (ideal room temperature is 72 °F). Tip: Lightly spray plastic wrap with cooking spray and place sprayed side down to prevent dough from sticking.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Remove plastic and bake thawed pastry for 22-27 minutes until golden brown. Ovens vary, so adjust time and temperature accordingly. Do NOT overbake!
- Enjoy the way your kitchen smells while you allow the pastry to cool. Slice with electric, bread, or serrated knife.
- Drizzle contents of icing package over top of pastry. Enjoy with people you love!
For maximum shelf life, keep frozen until ready to use.
Once baked, store at room temperature in covered dish for 1-2 days.