Treat yourself to a restaurant-quality sandwich at home. The smooth Monterey cheese and smoky bacon flavors are a combination you won’t want to miss. Try one for yourself today. Follow our baking instructions below or check out our video for this recipe to make the perfect Braided Apple Bacon Melt. It’s the perfect lunchtime meal!
- 1 Apple Butter Braid® Pastry
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 6 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices bacon, fried
- 1 Gala apple, cored and cut into 12 slices
- Take pastry out of packaging and let it rise for 8-12 hours
- Bake Butter Braid Pastry as directed on package
- Cut pastry in half horizontally then slice both the halves into 6 pieces to make the top and bottom of the sandwich
- Spread honey mustard on the bottom halves
- Fold each piece of cheese in half vertically and place them on each bottom piece of the pastry
- Layer each bottom half with two pieces of bacon and two apple slices
- Top with the other half of the pastry
- Place in greased baking pan and bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy your Braided Apple Bacon Melt!