If you love the warm, comforting flavors of a classic apple pie but don’t have the time to make a whole dessert from scratch, these Apple Pie Pastry Cups are just what you need. The base is made with layers of buttery pastry which is filled with an apple filling that has just the right amount of spice. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tart all wrapped in a flaky crust that’s both tender and sturdy, so you can enjoy them at the dinner table or on the go.
Try our Apple Pie Pastry Cups for yourself. Follow the detailed baking instructions for this recipe below, and you’ll have a delicious treat to share with friends or the ultimate afternoon snack to enjoy yourself. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and let’s get baking!
- 1 Apple Butter Braid® Pastry
- Take the pastry out of the package and follow the directions listed on the package. Start by letting the pastry rise for 8 hours.
- After your pastry has risen, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Carefully, unbraid the pastry to expose the filling. Scoop out the filling and place in a small bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- Flatten the dough out to an even thickness using your hands or a rolling pin if necessary. Be careful not to overwork the dough or it won’t be able to finish expanding in the oven.
- Once your dough is an even thickness, use a pizza or pastry cutter to cut the dough into equal-sized squares. We cut ours into 3” squares. If you prefer smaller, petite pastry cups, you can cut the dough into smaller squares.
- Place the dough squares in a greased muffin tin, draping the corners so they are outside of the cup.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven. Using a rounded measuring spoon, flatten the middle of the cups. Then, spoon the filling you set aside earlier into the middle of the cups. We used 1 heaping teaspoon of filing for each cup.
- Place the cups back into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the Apple Pie Pastry Cups have cooled, remove them from the muffin tin and serve!
- Apple Pie Pastry Cups can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Before you serve, heat them up in the microwave or warm them up in a low-temperature oven.
- You can top the cups with the white icing that is provided along with your pastry for an extra dose of sweetness!