Strawberries & French toast belong together, and they belong on your breakfast menu. This recipe makes the most important meal of the day also the tastiest. Try it for yourself. Follow the detailed baking instructions for this recipe below, and you’ll have the perfect Strawberry French Toast.
- 1 Strawberry & Cream Cheese Butter Braid® Pastry
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. half and half (or milk)
- 23 oz. frozen, sliced, sweetened strawberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- Let Strawberry & Cream Cheese pastry rise 8-12 hours.
- Prepare pastry according to package directions.
- Let the pastry cool. Once cool, slice pastry into 1/2″ slices
- Heat griddle to 325-350 degrees
- Drizzle with oil and 2 Tbsp. butter
- Combine ingredients for egg mixture
- Dip bread into egg mixture
- Fry until golden brown
- Brush top of bread with egg mixture before turning
- Remove to a platter and dust with powdered sugar
- Unthaw strawberries for sauce, drain the syrup into a sauce pan
- Add corn starch to syrup and cook on low heat until thick
- Add strawberries and vanilla, stir well
- Spoon strawberry sauce over warm bread to finish your Strawberry French Toast.