Strawberry Banana Split Dessert
- 1 baked Double Chocolate Butter Braid pastry
- 1 small pkg strawberry jello (4 serving size)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Extras for garnishing’s:
-Chocolate sauce, maraschino cherries, bananas, strawberries, crushed pineapple & extra creamy whipped topping in a can
- Let pastry rise according to the directions on back of package – preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 22 minutes.
- Let cool after baked once cooled
- Crumble pastry up into a 13×9 inch pan – press down in pan slightly with spatula or fingers
Prepare strawberry mousse:
- Whisk together the jello powder and the 1 cup of very hot water until jello powder is dissolved. Let cool for 15 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the cooled jello – let cool to room temp. Fold in the cool whip and strawberries – place bowl in fridge to chill for about 30-45 minutes.
Prepare banana whipped cream:
- In small bowl, beat banana with beaters until no chunks remain. In a bigger bowl beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla. Scrape the banana into the cream and beat another 20 seconds – not to long – you don’t want to over whip the cream. Chill in fridge about 15 minutes.
Prepare the dessert:
- Place the strawberry mousse over the crumbled up double chocolate pastry – smoothing it out with a spoon or spatula
- Next place the banana whipped cream on top of the strawberry mousse, carefully smooth out over the strawberry mousse
Looking for more sweet ideas?
Head over to our Pinterest page for inspiring ideas using Butter Braid products.