Strawberry Banana Split Dessert
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Pastry, strawberry mousse, and banana whipped cream upgrades the traditional banana split and makes a perfect treat for your summer vacation. Try it for yourself today. Follow our baking instructions below or check out our video for this recipe to make the perfect strawberry banana split.
- Strawberry & Cream Cheese Butter Braid® Pastry
- 1 small pkg. strawberry jello (4 serving size)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Garnish: chocolate sauce, maraschino cherries, banana slices, strawberries, crushed pineapple, and whipped topping
- Let your Strawberry & Cream Cheese Pastry rise 8-12 hours
- Bake according to the package directions and let cool
- Crumble pastry up into a 13×9″ pan. Press down slightly in pan with spatula or fingers.
- Prepare strawberry mousse
- Whisk together the jello powder and the 1 cup of very hot water until jello powder is dissolved. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the cooled jello. Let cool to room temp.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and strawberries. Place bowl in fridge to chill for about 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare banana whipped cream
- In small bowl, beat banana with beaters until no chunks remain.
- In a bigger bowl, beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla.
- Scrape the banana into the cream and beat another 20 seconds. Not too long – you don’t want to overwhip the cream.
- Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dessert
- Place the strawberry mousse over the crumbled up pastry, smoothing it out with a spoon or spatula.
- Next place the banana whipped cream on top of the strawberry mousse. Carefully smooth out over the strawberry mousse.
- Enjoy your strawberry banana split dessert!
Looking for more sweet ideas?
Head over to our Pinterest page for inspiring ideas using Butter Braid brand products.
Want to see more Butter Braid pastry recipes?
Check out the recipe for our Cream Cheese Jalapeno Bread!