Butter Braid® Pastries are about the easiest breakfast, brunch, side dish or dessert you can serve. Pull the pastry out of the freezer just before you head to bed and let it sit out to thaw and rise overnight. When you wake up, it’ll be ready for you to bake! After baking, you can top with the included white icing or try this Almond Glaze recipe. It might sound a little strange to use an almond extract, but trust me – it is absolutely amazing and gives the perfect finishing touch to the treat!
Recipe and picture courtesy of one of blogger A Mom’s Take! You can find the original post on their blog.
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- A few drops almond extract
- Approximately a tablespoon of water, added slowly until a smooth consistence
- Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and a little bit of water.
- Stir until smooth, adding a little more water as needed until a smooth consistency. If it’s too thick, add a little more water. If it’s too thin, thicken with additional powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the Almond Glaze over your Butter Braid Pastry.