Shamrock Cinnamon Pastry Roll
Instead of searching for a pot of gold this March 17th, treat your family to a good-as-gold, holiday-themed treat courtesy of Butter Braid® Pastries! This Shamrock Pastry Roll is a real crowd pleaser, sure to shine at any St. Patrick’s Day brunch or dinner. All you need is a package of Cinnamon Butter Braid Pastry Rolls and pinch of creativity to make this fun dessert and guarantee yourself a lucky day.
Try our Shamrock Pastry Roll for yourself. Follow the detailed baking instructions for this recipe below, and you will have a tasty, St. Patrick’s Day treat that’s festive, delicious, and even a little green!
Recipe and picture courtesy of one of our fundraising dealerships, MCM Fundraising! You can find the original post on their social media channels.
- 1 pkg. of Cinnamon Butter Braid Pastry Rolls
- Green food coloring
- Set out the package of pastry rolls and let it sit for about an hour or just long enough to soften slightly.
- Open the package and put the included icing packet in the fridge for later.
- Place the roll log on a cutting board. Slice apart the pastry rolls following the pre-cut lines.
- Lay one individual roll on its side and slice the dough so you can unravel it. You’ll need a total of seven rolls to make the Shamrock Pastry Roll.
- Take two deconstructed rolls and connect them, so they form a heart-like shape on a greased sheet pan. Pinch the bottom of the heart together slightly to connect.
- Repeat Step 5 three times using a total of six rolls.
- Each one of these hearts will make up one “leaf” of the shamrock. You should have one at the top of your sheet pan while the other two are place on either side of the top one, so they are all three just touching.
- To make the stem, straighten an entire roll and place it near the center of your 3 “leaves”. It may look small now, but, by morning, it will have completed rising and be quite a bit larger.
- Take a sheet of plastic wrap and spray one side with cooking spray. Place the plastic wrap spray side down over the pastry while it rises overnight or for about 8 hours.
- After it has completed rising, bake according to the directions on your package.
- Once it is done baking, take out the icing packet and mix it with the green food coloring.
- Frost and decorate with sprinkles before serving your Shamrock Pastry Roll.
Looking for more sweet ideas?
Head over to our Pinterest page for inspiring ideas using Butter Braid® brand products.
Want to see more Butter Braid pastry recipes?
Check out the recipe for our Heart Cinnamon Pastry Rolls!