Apple Pastry Pork Chop Sandwich
- 1 Apple Butter Braid® pastry
- 2-3 Boneless pork cutlets (or pork loin)
- Onion powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Marinate the pork with rosemary and onion powder and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare one Apple Butter Braid pastry as directed on package.
- Roast pork chop in pan at 350 degrees until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Once pastry is baked allow the pastry to cool for a few minutes. Using an electric knife slice the pastry in half length wise.
- Slice the pork and lay lengthwise on the bottom layer of the Butter Braid pastry. Fold back together. Place entire pastry back in over on low heat and warm for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is warming mix together the cider sauce.
* Pour pork drippings from pan into sauce pan.
* Mix 1/2 cup apple cider, heat on low for 5 minutes
* Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder, stir until dissolved
- After pastry is baked, generously brush or pour cider sauce on top as it cools.
- Slice into sandwiches and enjoy! *Serve with mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables.
Looking for more sweet ideas?
Head over to our Pinterest page for inspiring ideas using Butter Braid products.