People will go hog wild for this fall dish. Full of mouthwatering, well-balanced flavors, it’s great for a busy weeknight or a fancy dinner party. Try it for yourself today. Follow the detailed baking instructions for this recipe below, and you’ll have the perfect Apple Pastry Pork Chop Sandwich.
- 1 Apple Butter Braid® Pastry
- 2-3 boneless pork cutlets (or pork loin)
- Onion powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Marinate the pork with rosemary and onion powder and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Let Apple Butter Braid Pastry rise 8-12 hours overnight
- Prepare pastry as directed on package.
- Roast pork chop in pan at 350 degrees until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Once pastry is baked allow the pastry to cool for a few minutes. Using an electric knife, slice the pastry in half length wise.
- Slice the pork and lay lengthwise on the bottom layer of the Butter Braid Pastry. Fold back together. Place entire pastry back in over on low heat and warm for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is warming, prepare the cider sauce.
- Pour pork drippings from pan into sauce pan. Mix in apple cider on low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic powder and stir until dissolved.
- After pastry is baked, generously brush or pour cider sauce on top as it cools.
- Slice into sandwiches.
- Optional: Serve with mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables.
- Enjoy your Apple Pastry Pork Chop Sandwich!